Friday, September 4

Let's Grow Up

You know, I've had a lot of time to reflect on the world and I've decided that everything isn't out to get us. How many times has humanity thought that existence was about to begin its final act? Whether it be some sort of natural event, a religious end of days, aliens, disease, zombies,... religion again, its just not that likely to occur. It would take a catastrophe of enormous magnitude to wipe us all out.

So as much as I might have gotten on here and said "this is going to kill us" or "this is the new threat," such ravings are just silly. Birds aren't going to peck our eyes out. Pigs aren't going to overthrow our government. Robots... well robots may kill us all someday, who knows, but it's not going to be in the foreseeable future.

Maybe this is a real turning point for me. Instead of worrying about ridiculous things that I cannot control, maybe I should be worried more about my life and the lives of those around me. Because in the end, there's randomness and then there's your will. And now, I think my will to exist is stronger than my belief in nonsense conspiracy/apocalyptic theories.

So thanks for reading.

No comments: